|Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC Insurance)
Employees’ State Insurance Corporation
Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC Insurance) is the body of the Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India and the employment state insurance corporation is the statutory body authorised by the Government.
Employees’ State Insurance Corporation in Hindi means Karmachari Rajya Bima Nigam (कर्मचारी जीवन बीमा निगम). Here, the meaning of insurance in Hindi is protection from the risk (जोखिम से सुरक्षा). So, this corporation protects the employees from risk at the workplace.
This corporation is regulated by the Employees State Insurance Act, 1948 and the funds are managed by the Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) according to rules and regulations prescribed under the said Act.
Employers State Insurance Corporation
As per section 2(9) of the Employees State Insurance Act, 1948, this scheme was introduced dated on the 1st of July 2018. The scheme under this act is known as “Atal Beemit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana“.
This scheme was made for the welfare of the employees in the form of relief payments for up to 90 days and this scheme is made applicable once in a lifetime.
The employment state insurance corporation has made an online portal for the employees in India. Through this portal, the employees can take benefit from this scheme.
Employee’s state insurance corporation has provided the list of tie-up hospitals. The link is here – Tie-up Hospitals
- To Insured Persons:- IPs are entitled to avail treatment in ESI Dispensary/Hospital/Diagnostic Centre and recognised institutions, to which he is attached such as:-
- Outpatient treatment
- Domiciliary treatment by visits to their residences.
- Specialists Consultation.
- In-patient treatment(Hospitalisation)
- Free supply of drug dressings and artificial limbs, aids and appliances.
- imaging and laboratory services.
- Integrated family welfare, immunisation and MCH Programme and another national health programme etc.
- Ambulance service or reimbursement of conveyance charges for going to hospitals, diagnostic centres etc.
- Medical Certification and
- Special provisions.
- To Family Members of Insured Persons:- While in all implemented areas, IPs are entitled to medical care as detailed above, members of a family of an IP are entitled to one or other of the family member of the insured person is eligible to take one or other medical under the following standards:-
- “FULL” Medical Care i.e., all facilities as for IPs including hospitalisation.
- “EXPANDED” Medical Care i.e., all facilities for IPs except hospitalisation. A small number of IPs in the States of Gujarat and Bihar fall under this category.
The Corporation aims at providing Medical care according to uniform standards to the Family members in all implemented areas as the rates of the contribution paid by the employees and the employers are the same throughout the country.
Employee State Insurance Corporation
The employment state insurance corporation has made an online portal for employers in India. Through this portal, employers can take benefit from this scheme. Employer State Insurance Corporation (esic portal employer) is really helpful to the employers as the esic is unified portal.
The Unified Shram Suvidha Portal is developed to facilitate reporting of Inspections, and submission of Returns.
Employement State Insurance Coropration
Employment State Insurance Corporation Scheme provides members financial protection in case of an untimely health-related eventuality. The scheme offers medical benefits, disability benefits, maternity benefits, unemployment allowance, etc
Benefits of Employees’ State Insurance Corporation
As per section 46 of the ESI Act, 1948, six benefits are envisaged for its subscribers.
- Medical benefit
- Sickness benefit
- Maternity benefit
- Disablement benefit
- Dependants benefit
- Other benefits